"The course helped me to pace myself and concentrate on a small group of moves instead of my normal thing which is me being overwhelmed by trying to do too many things at once." —RB (Intro to Belly Dance)
About this Class
Suggested Prerequisite: Shoulders, Arms & Hands - Level 3
Shoulders, Arms & Hands - Level 3 PRACTICE DRILLS is an 18-minute online belly dance class focusing on practicing at a slow tempo the material taught in the 1-hour beginner class, Shoulders, Arms - Level 3.
We Make it Easy & Fun!
With Bob's live drumming and my unique method of teaching, you'll be delighted with how quickly you can master your moves in this drills class.
My verbal cues, video graphics, and gentle repetitions will give you confidence in your ability to coordinate all these moving body parts as we practice!
- good posture
- proper motion technique
- timing with the beat
- syncing motions with Rhythm Beledi
"My body isn't in the best of shape and I have zero dancing experience of any kind. But I feel like Jensuya explained things in such a way that she made me feel like I could do it even without any experience. And I did!" —BP (Intro to Belly Dance)
FAQ's about the Class Series
How are these practice drills classes different from the 1-hour classes?
- These classes are an accompaniment to the 1-hour classes and focus not on explanation, but on the practicing of the skills you learned in the 1-hour class. Bob drums at a slow tempo and I lead you in the exercises.
Will I learn anything new in this class if I've already done some belly dancing?
- Probably. But, only you can be the judge of that. Most other belly dance classes never teach music and how to actually do the moves in time with the music. If that sounds like your experience, you'll likely learn much from these classes.
Can I take this class a la carte?
- Yes. However, we feel that you will get much more from the class if you first take the accompanying 1-hour class.
Do I have to take all of the classes?
- No. You can pick and choose what you want to work on, or for a rock-solid foundation, you can take each class in the series.
Do I have to take the classes in a specific order?
- No. We do suggest, however, that if you are working on a specific area, and you think that you may not be "rock-solid" on the basics, that you begin with Level 1 within a topic.
Email me if you need or want further help determining the right class for you. [email protected]
"Your energy just made me get up off my couch and try these moves out! I have tried before but I failed because I felt all stiff and anxious. But you're so cheerful, I just felt like I'm home with my good friend and nothing to be worried about. So I relaxed and it worked! I'm so grateful to you." —ST
The accompanying technique class. Note that you can purchase both the technique class and the accompanying practice drills class together at a discounted price during checkout of the technique class (click on the class below).
Shoulders, Arms & Hands - Level 3 PRACTICE DRILLS
- From your PayPal account, click "Send Money" to [email protected], enter $13 USD for Lifetime Access or $10 USD to Rent, and enter "Shoulders, Arms & Hands, Level 3 Practice Drills" in the "add a note" field.
- Click "Continue."
- Watch your email for your personal Course Access Coupon Code. Then...
- Click the "Enroll Now" button (above) and enter your Course Access Coupon Code in the pink box that says, "Add Coupon Code.
Welcome to Jensuya Belly Dance!
Dance. Understand. Rejoice.
I'm belly dancer/engineer Jensuya—aka Jennifer Carpenter-Peak—and along with my Significant Drummer—aka my husband, Robert Peak—we perform live music and belly dance shows, teach belly dance workshops and online courses, conduct in-person and online Middle Eastern arts education programs in schools and colleges, and produce two YouTube channels and blog—all about Mid East music, dance, and culture.
Hailing from Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, we have been featured by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, the American Turkish Association, and twice by the U.S. Government-funded Middle East Broadcasting Networks, an Arabic-language news organization with a weekly audience of more than 25.7 million people in 22 countries in the Middle East and North Africa. If there were only one thing that I could teach you, show you, inspire you to do, it would be this—embrace your fear, then dance with it. Let's get started!