"...what an amazing teacher you are, truly! I am learning more from your classes than I did for many classes I took in the past. So grateful to you. 🤗"—SH
Preview Range of Motion Class Series
"My body isn't in the best of shape and I have zero dancing experience of any kind. But I feel like Jensuya explained things in such a way that she made me feel like I could do it even without any experience. And I did!" —BP (Intro to Belly Dance)
Preview Video Class Description
Watch this short video where I describe the 40-minute technique and practice section of this particular class.
"I can tell by the video that you are an outstanding teacher. The passion you have for your art and your willingness to share it with others is abundantly clear."" —AP
About the Class
Suggested Prerequisite: Upper Torso - Level 1
Upper Torso Level 2 is a 1-hour online class focusing on developing skills in technique and timing of motions of the upper torso that are taught in the Level 1 class
- 10-minute follow-along belly dance with Bob's drumming
- 40-minute technique and practice of the class topic
- 10-minute yoga-inspired key stretches
"I love your teaching style. It is SO clear and precise...My body is already feeling stronger! Blessings" —SH
The Range of Motion Class Series
The magic of Belly dance is that it seems to be, at once, mystical and natural. In The Range of Motion series of classes, we delve into the foundations of belly dance moves to get to the essence of the motions making up these moves whether staccato moves like shimmies, drops, locks, pops or sinuous moves like undulations, waves, circles, and figure 8's.
We teach you step-by-step how to do and practice the motions in time with the beat and rhythm Beledi so that you can master your belly dance moves.
If belly dancing were telling a story...
...then our courses would be like learning to write sentences, paragraphs, and essays
...and our classes would be like learning the alphabet, phonics, and spelling.
We finish every class with a cool-down session. Our goal is to help you learn not only great belly dance technique, but how to keep your muscles flexible and feeling great after belly dance class.
We show you step-by-step how to do key yoga-inspired stretches and some "tricks" using props like yoga blocks and lacrosse balls to release tight muscles.
"It opened my eyes to how I can take a dance and do it to any kind of music. And it was because of doing it with just he drummer and following him. The drummer challenges us. You feel that energy." —PB
Our Classes vs Courses
Courses teach technique, timing, and improv (no memorized choreography).
Classes delve into the foundations of movement making up belly dance moves.
The Range of Motion classes focus on:
- Differentiating and isolating motions in specific areas of the body
- Increasing flexibility, strength, and balance of these areas
- Training these areas for muscle memory and stamina
All of the techniques and skills that you learn in these classes will enhance what you learn in our belly dance courses.
"Your energy just made me get up off my couch and try these moves out! I have tried before but I failed because I felt all stiff and anxious. But you're so cheerful, I just felt like I'm home with my good friend and nothing to be worried about. So I relaxed and it worked! I'm so grateful to you." —ST
FAQ's about the Class Series
Do these classes duplicate what I've already learned in the Introduction to Belly Dance course?
- No. These classes delve deeply into how to move specific areas of the body. You'll probably find some superficial overlap as the Introduction to Belly Dance course teaches moves, and these classes teach the motions making up belly dance moves.
Will I learn anything new in this class if I've already done some belly dancing?
- Probably. Only you can be the judge of that. If you are here, my guess is that there's something that your "stuck on" in your belly dance, and you want to learn how to overcome it and master your moves.
Can I take this class a la carte?
- Yes. This is exactly why we focus each class around one topic—so that you can work the specific area that you want.
Do I have to take all of the classes?
- No. You can pick and choose what you want to work on, or for a rock-solid foundation, you can take each class in the series.
Do I have to take the classes in a specific order?
- No. We do suggest, however, that if you are working on a specific area, and you think that you may not be "rock-solid" on the basics, that you begin with Level 1 within a topic.
Email me if you need or want further help determining the right class for you. [email protected]
"I'm grateful because I did try DVD's and Youtube but most times I don't get it. Only now I'm starting to see the motions in the famous moves" —MD
Practice Makes Perfect!
Get 30% off the accompanying Practice Drills class when you purchase it with Upper Torso - Level 2 with Lifetime Access. You'll see the option on the checkout page for this Upper Torso Level 2 Class.
"I liked to learn to tightly connect the motions to the beat." —MD
Upper Torso - Level 2
"The course helped me to pace myself and concentrate on a small group of moves instead of my normal thing which is me being overwhelmed by trying to do too many things at once." —RB (Intro to Belly Dance)
- From your PayPal account, click "Send Money" to [email protected], enter $28 USD for Lifetime Access or $22 USD to Rent, and enter "Upper Torso - Level 2" in the "add a note" field. (Please note that we add $3 to cover PayPal fees.)
- Click "Continue."
- Watch your email for your personal Course Access Coupon Code. Then...
- Click the "Enroll Now" button (above) and enter your Course Access Coupon Code in the pink box that says, "Add Coupon Code.
Welcome to Jensuya Belly Dance!
Dance. Understand. Rejoice.
I'm belly dancer/engineer Jensuya—aka Jennifer Carpenter-Peak—and along with my Significant Drummer—aka my husband, Robert Peak—we perform live music and belly dance shows, teach belly dance workshops and online courses, conduct in-person and online Middle Eastern arts education programs in schools and colleges, and produce two YouTube channels and blog—all about Mid East music, dance, and culture.
Hailing from Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, we have been featured by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, the American Turkish Association, and twice by the U.S. Government-funded Middle East Broadcasting Networks, an Arabic-language news organization with a weekly audience of more than 25.7 million people in 22 countries in the Middle East and North Africa. If there were only one thing that I could teach you, show you, inspire you to do, it would be this—embrace your fear, then dance with it. Let's get started!